EducationALBERT EINSTEIN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE (AECOM). Doctor of Medicine Degree, Anticipated June 2018.
Awards: Marsha Basson Goldstein Merit Scholarship Recipient
HARVARD EXTENSION SCHOOL. Post-baccalaureate Pre-medical Studies, September 2011 – May 2012. GPA: 3.83/4.00
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY. Post-baccalaureate Pre-medical Studies, September 2008 – May 2010. GPA: 3.53/4.00
BROWN UNIVERSITY. A.B. International Relations, magna cum laude, 2008. GPA in Major: 3.92/4.00, Overall GPA: 3.67/4.00
ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN IN BUSINESS (AWiB). English Teacher. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 09/2013-05/2014
- Co-facilitated English classes for Ethiopian businesswomen, graded written assignments, and met with students for targeted help as needed.
SUMMIT EDUCATIONAL GROUP. Academic Teacher and Tutor. Newton, MA, USA. 08/2011-04/2013
- Prepared high school students for all sections of standardized tests such as the SAT and ACT.
- Provided private tutoring in topics such as biology, English and mathematics to students in elementary school, middle school, high school and college.
THE PRINCETON REVIEW. SAT Teacher. Providence, RI, USA. 01/2008-05/2008
• Taught SAT verbal, math, and writing topics to high school students, graded writing samples, and provided extra help to students as needed.
BROWN UNIVERSITY – OFFICE OF STUDENT LIFE. Residential Peer Counselor. Providence, RI, USA. 08/2005-05/2006
• Provided academic and personal advice to 74 first-year Brown students.
• Developed residential hall programs related to health education, physical wellness and community building.
YOUTH IN ACTION. Tutor. Providence, RI, USA. 09/2004-03/2006
• Tutored high school students in English and French and provided feedback on college application essays.
- SAT I: 770 (Verbal), 740 (Math)
- SAT II Writing: 800
- SAT II U.S. History: 800
- SAT II Math 1C: 710
- AP Art History: 5
- AP BC Calculus: 5
- AP English Literature: 5
- AP U.S. History: 5
- AP European History: 4
- AP Physics B: 4
WHY I WANT TO BE A TUTOR
I want to be a tutor because I find it very satisfying to help students achieve their academic goals, and I am adept at tailoring lesson plans to meet students' needs.
RELEVANT CLASSES - MEDICAL SCHOOL
- Clinical and Developmental Anatomy
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Disease Mechanisms/Pathophysiology
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine
- Molecular and Cellular Foundations of Medicine (Biochemistry and Cellular Biology)
RELEVANT CLASSES - UNDERGRADUATE
- Calculus III
- Cellular Biology
- English Literature (2 courses)
- French (5 semesters through most advanced level offered)
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Physics: Electricity and Magnetism
- Physics: Mechanics
- Physics: Physiology
- Various courses in anthropology, political science and public health (applicable for research and writing assignments).
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
- Has worked and lived in Ethiopia, Mali, Togo and Vietnam on international development and public health initiatives. More information available upon request.
- Co-author on 4 peer-reviewed articles that have appeared in scientific journals.
Hobbies- Playing the viola (currently a member of Albert Einstein College of Medicine Symphony Orchestra and Cornell/Juilliard Music and Medicine Initiative)
- Reading novels
- Writing (essays, creative writing, non-fiction)
Essay Editing, US History, Technical Writing, Study Skills And Organization, SAT Writing, SAT Verbal, SAT Subject Test in United States History, SAT Subject Test in Physics, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Subject Test in French with Listening, SAT Subject Test in French, SAT Subject Test in Chemistry, SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M, SAT Mathematics, SAT Critical Reading, Quantitative Reasoning, Public Health, PSAT Writing Skills, PSAT Mathematics, PSAT Critical Reading, Pre-Calculus, Pre-Algebra, Political Science, Physiology, Geometry, Physics, Pathophysiology, Immunology, History, Histology, Health Care Policy, Grammar and Mechanics, Microeconomics, Microbiology, Macroeconomics, Literature, Intermediate Algebra, Genetics, General Chemistry, General Biology, French 4, French 3, French 2, French 1, Expository Writing, Executive Functioning, Epidemiology, English, Elementary Math, Elementary Algebra, Economics, College Essays, College Algebra, Chemistry, Cell Biology, Cardiology, Calculus 3, Calculus 2, Calculus 1, Biostatistics, Biology, Biochemistry, AP Physics 2: Mechanics, AP Physics 2: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics 1, AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, AP French, AP European History, AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Language and Composition, AP Chemistry, AP Calculus BC, AP Calculus AB, AP Biology, AP Art History, Anatomy, American Literature, American History, Algebra 3/4, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, 9th Grade Writing, 9th Grade Reading, 9th Grade math, 8th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Science, 8th Grade Reading, 8th Grade math, 7th Grade Writing, 7th Grade Science, Neuroscience, Middle School Math, 6th Grade Reading, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade Reading, 7th Grade math, 6th Grade Writing, 6th Grade Science, 5th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Science, 5th Grade Reading, 5th Grade math, 4th Grade Writing, 4th Grade Science, 4th Grade Reading, 4th Grade math, 3rd Grade Writing, 3rd Grade Science, 3rd Grade Reading, 3rd Grade math, 2nd Grade Writing, 2nd Grade Reading, 2nd Grade math, 1st Grade Writing, 1st Grade Reading, 1st Grade math, 12th Grade Writing, 12th Grade Reading, 12th Grade math, 11th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Reading, 11th Grade math, 10th Grade Writing, 10th Grade Reading, 10th Grade math, European History
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.